Every child grows up in a safe, healthy, and loving home.
Provide education that enhances parenting skills, offers strategies to promote children’s healthy development, and seeks to prevent child abuse.
* We believe that all parents love and want what is best for their children.
* We believe in respectful, transparent delivery of services.
* We believe in the value of diversity and inclusion.
* We believe that parents mold their children to be the foundation of the community.
VALUES IN SERVICE TO FAMILIES
ESCAPE Family Resource Center delivers parenting education to assist families in providing more healthy development for their children. Over four dozen educators teach families the skills necessary to strengthen parent-child relationships and interactions among family members. Through a variety of classes taught in both English and Spanish, dozens of educators crisscross the Greater Houston area to provide families with curriculum designed to assist parents and children of every age range. Programs, classes, workshops and specialized services can be provided wherever interested families gather, provided funding is available.
If you have an interest in helping, please see how you can help.
A Positive Approach to Parenting
There are very few organizations like the ESCAPE Family Resource Center, which strives every day to teach, motivate and inspire parents and children to create stable family environments.
We teach families new ways to communicate, solve problems and develop strong relationships in their homes.
The family is the first community in which children live and learn, and parents are their first teachers.
- When a child is losing his temper, it should be viewed as a “teachable moment.”
- A parent should always show patience and good listening skills with a child, even when the parent is angry.
- Parents should remember that children will imitate what they see and hear at home.
- Curriculum-based instruction is used for all programs.
- Most courses offer a children's curriculum so that parent and child can learn about the same topics concurrently but in separate classrooms.
- Pre- and post-testing evaluation tools are used to assess client outcomes.
- Most classes are available in English and Spanish.
ESCAPE Family Resource Center is a parenting education agency. We provide child abuse prevention programs and parenting classes to families looking to create a safe, healthy, and happy home lives.
- Founded in 1983 by Houston-area chapters of the National Exchange Club
- Privately supported nonprofit, 501(c)(3), organization
- Focuses on the entire family system; curriculum-based programs for parents & children ages 3-18
- Does not receive direct funding allocations from the United Way or the government
- Offers classes at multiple locations in the Greater Houston area
- Offers classes in English and Spanish
Awards and Recognitions
- 2011 - 2013 - Named a "Top Workplace" by The Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces and our Employees
- 2009-2013 - Awarded "Best Hoopla" by Chevron Houston Marathon's Run for a Reason Program for 5 consecutive years.
- 2011 - Best Resource For Single Moms In Houston - CBS Houston
- 2010-2011 Outstanding Community Partner Award from Harris County Department of Education Head Start
- 2011 Received AAA Rating from National Exchange Clubs
- 2004 “Leadership in Action” Award for the Cablispainian program — Leadership Houston, Inc.
- Highest program rating award for the Circle of Love program — United Way’s Elders Service Providers Network
- Sixth Annual Unity Award for Culturally Sensitive, Ethnically Relevant Family-focused Programs — NAACP
- “Points of Light” Management Excellence Award
- Outstanding Community Volunteer Service Award — Texas Department of Human Services
- Presidential Award — Private Sector Initiatives
In Fiscal Year 2016
- ESCAPE provided 236 deliveries of our child abuse prevention programs and parenting classes.
- We served more than 3,317 adults and children.
- Classes were delivered "on-site" at our facility in Spring Branch and "off-site" at 60 locations, in 5 school districts and 5 counties, including Harris, Fort Bend, Liberty, Chambers and Galveston.
|African-American||21.33%||Less than $15,000||54.03%||Male||31.85%|
|Native-American||0.23%||More than $32,000||15.60%|
ESCAPE Family Resource Center officially launches its $5.25M Capital Campaign
On May 31, 2016, ESCAPE moved into our new building in Midtown - our first ever permanent home! We began delivering our child abuse prevention programs to the public from our new location the very next day. Our new educational center has been renovated specifically to accommodate additional classrooms, training and conference areas, all dedicated to children's welfare, healthy brain development and appropriate parenting. Our Capital Campaign goal of $5.25M will fund the purchase, renovation and two years of operations at the new center.
See details and naming opportunities below. Click on photos to enlarge. We invite you to schedule a site visit by contacting us at 713-942-9500.
Founded in 1983 by the Houston Area Exchange Clubs, ESCAPE Family Resource Center began as part of a national project dedicated to preventing child abuse and neglect in local communities across the country. ESCAPE stands for Exchange Supported Child Abuse Prevention Effort.
As a nonprofit, 501(c)3, organization, ESCAPE relies on private support to present programs, services, training and interventions focused on preventing and combatting emotional, physical, and sexual violence towards children. ESCAPE does not receive direct funding allocations from United Way or the government.
Contributions from individuals, corporations, foundations, churches, and other organizations are crucial. These generous donations allow ESCAPE to provide curriculum-based child abuse prevention programs that involve the entire family. Classes are taught in English and Spanish throughout the week in dozens of locations in the Greater Houston area.